“I definitely enjoyed the music. It's clear that everyone was having a good time and their pleasure creating the music communicates very well.”
— Bruce Iglauer Alligator Records
Johnny in the Basement
Johnny in the Basement is a high energy blues rock group based just outside of New York City. Front man Will Bart has shared the stage with Luther and Cody Dickinson, Robert Randolph, John Medeski, Lightnin Malcolm, Danielle Nicole among others. Will played at The Capitol Theater, The Bitter End, Rockwood Music Hall, Memory Motel,Great South Bay Music Festival, Hill Country Picnic, as well as the Rum Boogie Blues Cafe, and was a semi-finalist at the 2018 International Blues Competition in Memphis. JITB recorded their first EP at Jim DIckinson's Zebra Ranch Studios in Mississippi. Since being released in February JITB has been playing gigs around the tri-state area.
JITB brings a unique live experience to each show that includes a healthy mix of originals and covers that we make our own. The goal of a JITB show is to not only leave the audience wanting more, but also connecting to each crowd and make the show as personal to them as possible. Music is a language we can all speak and understand, JITB uses the music to interact and whether its a half hour set or three hours, Johnny in the Basement will leave it all on stage, guaranteed.
- Performed with Robert Randolph & The Word at Capitol Theater in Port Chester.
- Studied with Butch Trucks, Oteil Burbridge, Luther & Cody Dickinson, Johnny Vidacovich, Jack Pearson, John Kadlecik at roots rock revival music camp.
- 2018 International Blues Challenge Semi-Finalist in Memphis TN, representing NYC & Long Island.
- Played Great South Bay Music Festival 2017,2018 opening for Little Feat, Hot Tuna, Devon Allman Project.
- Toured with Lightnin Malcolm supporting Samantha Fish and her band in the Northeast tour 2016.
- Opened for Samantha Fish, Danielle Nicole Band, The Lucky Chops, 311, and The Wailers.
- Played with Robert Kimbrough Sr Blues Connection at the 2015,2016,2017 North Mississippi Hill Country Picnic
- Recorded debut EP, 'Chasing The Feeling,' at the Zebra Ranch studios in Independence, MS.